Gower College Swansea is one of the largest colleges in Wales with a strong reputation for high quality teaching and learning. We have six campuses across the city with over 4,500 full time learners and 10,000 part time learners. We currently have a turnover of over £50 million making us a major employer in the region with approximately 1,000 staff.
At Gower College Swansea we are passionate about investing in our staff and looking after their wellbeing to ensure they feel supported in work and also at home.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our well-established and highly successful ESOL team, delivering on a range of both part time and full time ESOL courses.
The ESOL team is primarily based in our historic Llwyn Y Bryn campus, located in the Uplands area of Swansea. We also offer ESOL provision at our Kingsway campus in the city centre. Gower College Swansea currently has approx. 800 ESOL learners, ranging from a wide variety of backgrounds, who are looking to develop their English Language skills with a view to progressing onto higher levels of learning or into employment.
To cater for increasing demand, we are seeking applications from outstanding individuals to deliver exceptional teaching and learning experiences for our ESOL learners. If you are passionate about teaching people from a wide variety of backgrounds, including asylum seekers and refugees, this could be a hugely rewarding caree
- Variable hours
- £15.83 - £31.15 per hour
- Llwyn Y Bryn and Kingsway campuses
- Plan, prepare, and teach across a range of courses
- Ensure teaching and learning strategies and teaching materials are planned
- Assess and monitor learner progress
- Possess a relevant degree
- Ideally possess a CELTA Certificate (or Level 5 equivalent)
- Have knowledge and experience of teaching non-native speakers of English
- Have excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ideally possess a recognized teaching qualification, such as a PGCE, or be prepared to work towards one (Gower College Swansea offers an internal PGCE programme)
Benefits for you:
- 46 days (pro-rata) annual leave, plus bank holidays, and the college is closed for two weeks over the Christmas period
- A Teacher’s Pension Scheme with an average employer contribution of 23% (2023)
- 2 staff well-being days
- Discounted study opportunities on College programmes
- View more benefits here: https://www.gcs.ac.uk/recruitment/benefits-and-wellbeing
We welcome applications from individuals regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. We particularly welcome applications from groups currently underrepresented within our organisation.
If you wish to continue your application journey using Welsh Language, please visit our Cymraeg site. We encourage Welsh Language applications as we recognise the importance of delivering services in Welsh, and the need to grow our bilingual workforce.
Gower College Swansea is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check and require registration with the Education Workforce Council for Wales.
Please note that we are expecting a high volume applicants for this vacancy. If we do, we may close the post before the specified date, therefore an early application is recommended.
Full-Time Equivalent Salary: £22,904 - £45,077 per annum dependent on qualifications and experience.
Attachments: Lawrlwytho GCSLecturer-JDPS.doc
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.