Lecturer Sport - Higher Education
Moulton is a land-based College based in rural Northamptonshire, we offer impressive new facilities, on-site commercial enterprise and a range of FE and HE courses.
We are seeking to appoint a part-time Lecturer to teach Sport Studies to our Higher Education Students.
This is a 22.5 hours a week (0.6FTE) vacancy.
Interviews for this vacancy will take place on 6 December, 2023.
- Be educated to BSc Level or equivalent in a Sport related subject
- Hold or be willing to work towards and achieve a Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent
- Have experience of working within the Sports industry
For the full requirements of the role, please see the Job Description and Person Specification attached.
Candidates from a Sport Therapy and Sports Coaching background are encouraged to apply.
The exceptional facilities offered at Moulton College fully embrace the growth in demand for sports courses. These superb facilities include a full size basketball court, four badminton courts and a volleyball court as well as a dance studio, sports science lab and fitness suite to allow a greater variety of practical subjects to be studied.
Duties will include:
- Teaching and training students and other client groups to quality standards set by the College
- Assessment of student work
- Development of Sport Studies courses
- Counselling students and maintaining discipline
- Participating in the recruitment of students, including the attendance at Shows and Careers Conventions
- Participating in internal verification, auditing and other quality monitoring processes to ensure that all learners, customers and clients receive exemplary service and attention at all times
Do you have:
- A BSc Level or equivalent in a Sport related Subject? (we are particularly interested in Sport Therapy and Sports Coaching)
- A Diploma in Teaching and Learning (Certificate in Education) or equivalent or willing to work towards?
- A minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)?
- Commitment to and evidence of CPD?
Do you have the essential requirements above?
Are you willing to operate flexibly, have an experience within and an up to date knowledge of the Sports industry, the ability to present information effectively and motivate students in order to improve student satisfaction?
If so we welcome an application from you.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.