A‑level Business Teacher
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
High Pavement Sixth Form
Chaucer Street, Nottingham, NG1 5LP
Your future is here
A place to inspire
In a teaching role at Nottingham College you will play a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. We are Nottingham’s College and together, we make a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Our teachers bring experience, flair, industry connections, passion and care to their roles and in return we invest in them. Here, you have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
What we can offer you
· 45 days annual leave plus bank holidays
· Flexible working opportunities to suit around your life - Over 50% of our workforce works part-time and many more work flexible hours so that they can care for children, other members of their family or pursue other interests
· Access to teachers’ pension contribution at 23.68%
· Access to purchase a student discount card and a free tastecard, which gives you 100’s of discounts at all of your favourite shops, restaurants, leisure facilities, entertainment venues and days out – It will save you a fortune!
· Employee Assistance Programme which provides a free confidential programme where you can speak to a trained counsellor on things such as mental and physical health, addictions and money
· Discount on travel passes with local transport and discounted car parking
· Cycle to work scheme
· Car scheme
· Dedicated CPD days
· Opportunities to gain further qualifications
· Progression prospects
· Option to purchase up to 5 days extra annual leave
· Free annual eye test plus £45 towards the cost of new eye wear
· Café connections programme where you can meet with other
· Annual free Headspace app subscription
Who we need & What you will bring
Our sixth form has a new vacancy for a dedicated teacher to deliver A Level Business at our High Pavement campus in the heart of the city centre. This is a thriving, diverse campus and A Level in Business is a very popular subject choice; it sits alongside Law, Economics and Politics.
The successful candidate will be passionate, enthusiastic and have experience of teaching A Level Business. Experience of delivering AQA A level Business would be an advantage. They will have excellent communication skills, empathy, and the ability to support our young people to achieve their academic potential and help guide their career ambitions. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate that they can use new learning technologies and will continue to update their skills through CPD.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential/desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you make use of the specification attached to the Role Profile and complete the application form directly from this. Please complete a two page maximum letter of application describing your suitability and any relevant experience. Please upload your Covering Letter and CV as one document only.
We will consider applications for part time hours. Please ensure your application highlights if you are applying for a full or part time role.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Steph O’Grady, Curriculum Manager by email at email@example.com.
A place to belong
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.