- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Employee Assistance Helpline
664 Nuthall Road, Basford, Nottingham, NG8 6AQ
Your future is here
A place to inspire
In a teaching role at Nottingham College you will play a vital part in helping thousands of people reach their potential. We are Nottingham’s College and together, we make a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Our teachers bring experience, flair, industry connections, passion and care to their roles and in return we invest in them. Here, you have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
Our established Automotive department continues to grow and we are therefore seeking an enthusiastic automotive industry professional to join our teaching team. This is a part time student facing role, where we are happy to consider flexible working hours to support with an individual who wants to work around family or other work commitments.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a current mechanical professional to make a career change or a former industry professional to return to their passion, by moving into teaching, sharing their knowledge and experience with the industry professionals of tomorrow.
You may be an experienced tutor or assessor, looking to reduce your hours whilst embarking on a new challenge. Whatever your reason, this role will give you the opportunity to make a real difference. We are growing and developing our curriculum which requires passionate, industry experienced and committed individuals to help us achieve our goals and develop our faculty area.
The key roles of our Lecturers are:
· To bring your passion, knowledge and experience of the industry as well as your creativity to the teaching of both practical and theory sessions to learners from E3 to L2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance and Repairs.
· To work as part of our wider team to support the planning, development and implementation of new courses and qualifications as we continue to provide the local Automotive employers with their future employees.
· To work within the college quality framework to deliver education and training to high standards along with preparing student materials, assessing and marking student work and carrying out student assessments to ensure each student is achieving their best during their time in the college.
What you’ll bring
The successful candidate will be an Automotive lecturer who will want to work as part of a team, to equip our diverse range of students with the skills they need for their future, through the delivery of outstanding education. This role offers you the opportunity to do this every day and it is the job satisfaction that comes from this that makes teaching so special. You will bring:
· Your passion, knowledge and experience of the industry
· Your creativity to engage and enthuse our learners in both practical and theory sessions
· An understanding and appreciation of the key employability skills that the Automotive industry requires
Interviews / Assessments are planned for: 28th Nov 2023
A place to belong
Join a diverse, vibrant community of over 1,300 staff and feel welcome from day one. Whether it’s enjoying a cuppa and a chat at our Wellness Cafes, collaborating with your colleagues or making the most of the facilities on our campuses, this is a place you can feel involved, connected and supported. With an attractive benefits package including 45 days annual leave, flexible working opportunities, access to a generous pension scheme and perks package, this is a place where you will feel valued and where you can grow and develop. It’s a place where you can share your ideas, work with people from all kinds of backgrounds and together, make a positive difference.
Be a part of a dynamic and diverse team that thrives on innovation, creativity, and outstanding outcomes. Our aim is for our workforce to mirror the rich diversity of the individuals and communities we serve, creating an environment where a range of experiences, skills, and viewpoints are valued. Within our inclusive workplace, everyone is given the opportunity to belong. As part of this we are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.