14.8 Hours (2 Days) per week
You will be an exceptionally motivated, qualified and experienced photographer to help us realise our ambitious developmental agenda at regional, national and international levels.
We wish to appoint a 0.4 Lecturer to teach across our BA Photography courses. We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced creative individual with experience in creative commercial photography, with a passion for teaching and inspiring the next generation of creative photographers.
The ideal candidate will have significant expertise in contemporary commercial photographic practice with particular focus in advertising, fashion and/or editorial contexts. Essential skills must include all aspects of location and studio practice, including working with models, stylists and clients, studio and location lighting, high-end digital capture and digital post-production techniques. Candidates should also have a good understanding of the contexts of commercial photographic production, professional practice and be able to engage students with theoretical and research-based approaches to practice.
- You will have a strong background in contemporary commercial photography, specifically in studio and location practice.
- You will have a comprehensive knowledge of professional practice, being up to date with current, and emerging, creative commercial practice and visual trends.
- You will demonstrate strong administration skills and knowledge of current software such as Adobe Creative Cloud and Google Suite.
- You will have previous teaching experience at a Higher Education (HE) level, having a commitment to professionalism and integrity in a HE environment.
- You will be educated to a Masters level of qualification.
About the role:
- Provide undergraduate teaching, feedback and assessment across all levels of the undergraduate degree.
- Contribute to the development, planning and delivery in the course area, ensuring the highest standards of learning and teaching in support of the best student experience.
- Work with the Course Leader to develop and deliver subject specific and interdisciplinary approaches to learning and teaching.
- Develop and undertake student recruitment and retention initiatives, under the direction of senior colleagues, where required.
In return you’ll get:
- 14 (35 FTE) days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays/closure days
- Access to a supportive Employee Assistance Programme
- Auto-enrolment to a Local Government Pension scheme
- Additional benefits such as a cycle to work scheme and discounted bus tickets
Closing date: Monday 27 November 2023 at 9:00am - however AUP reserves the right to end the advertisement window early in the event of high levels of interest. Please apply early to avoid disappointment.
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more, please feel free to contact Gabriel Van Ingen, Senior Lecturer and Course Leader on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click the apply link
Arts University Plymouth has a strong commitment to the safeguarding & welfare of young people & vulnerable adults. A satisfactory DBS disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required from successful candidates as a condition of appointment.
We celebrate equality, diversity and difference, and welcome candidates from all communities.