Lecturer, AAT (LUM393/820)
- Full Time
About the Role
12 months fixed term contract
We are a busy department offering degrees ranging from Business, Law, Travel and tourism, and professional courses including AAT (Accountancy), CIPD (HR), and CMI (Leadership and management). We are looking for a new member of staff to join us to teach AAT courses.
We are looking for an AAT lecturer who has experience teaching AAT or who has significant significant industry experience. The role is to teach (some face-to-face but mostly online) AAT levels 1, 2, and 3. The courses are run both daytime and evenings. The successful candidate will be joining a dynamic and focused team who are committed to ensuring that our students achieve their objectives in the field of accountancy.
We have a strong support culture for our students ensuring that they achieve their objectives and we help them to face the challenges of studying alongside work, personal life, etc.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging and effective lessons, materials, and formative assessments for AAT Levels 1, 2, and 3, ensuring coverage of all relevant topics and syllabus requirements.
- Stay updated with AAT curriculum changes and industry trends to ensure the program's relevance and effectiveness.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Foster a supportive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and active engagement.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE).
- Experience of positively managing student progression, advice and guidance in a Professional or Further Education setting.
- Ability to inspire and motivate learners to achieve their optimum.
- Ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified units.
- Knowledge of current teaching practices and experience of utilising a range of teaching practices to enhance learner journey and progression.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.