We are seeking to appoint an experienced, highly motivated and dedicated individual to support our students to ensure they reach their full potential. You will need knowledge, experience and awareness of a variety of approaches to supporting students.
The successful applicant will set high expectations for their students and robustly track and monitor their progress on their study programmes.
The role will include liaising closely with the Curriculum, parents and carers to ensure they are provided with up to date, accurate information, advice and guidance regarding students’ progress. You will need to be highly organised and have attention to detail, working across all Curriculum levels within a diverse, fast-paced environment. The role will also include 1:1s with students and delivery of group tutorials, so the ability to facilitate learning in groups is essential.
To be considered for this role candidates need to hold the following.
- 2 years’ experience of working within a learning environment or similar customer focussed service environment
- Teaching qualification or willingness to work towards the Level 3 Award in Education and Training or equivalent
- Experience of providing advice and support to individuals and groups in FE colleges
Please refer to the attached job description for more details.
Interviews will take place on a date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Generous Salary
• Generous annual leave – 30 days plus bank holidays
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
• Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
• Free onsite parking.
• Subsidised onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org