Lecturer in Business Studies
We have an exciting opportunity for a Lecturer to teach A level Business Studies to Year 1 and 2 students.
We have a strong academic ethos; working towards excellence for our students and helping each individual to achieve their full potential. As a Lecturer in Business Studies, you will contribute to the provision of an excellent learner experience to students on those courses, including retention of the students and the achievement of their qualifications.
As a Lecturer in Business Studies, you would be joining a team of professional, dedicated and experienced Lecturers in a positive and supportive environment where staff enjoy a good sense of camaraderie and have high expectations of themselves and their students.
As a Lecturer in Business Studies, you should have:
- A degree in Business Studies (or other related discipline)
- GCSE A* - C in Maths and English qualifications or equivalent (new grading 9-4)
- An up-to-date knowledge of the relevant curriculum – specifically the A level Business Studies specification
- A good knowledge and understanding of AQA Business Studies A-level would be an advantage
See what we have to offer and come and join us…
- Generous Annual Leave (37 days annual leave (pro rata) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Generous, employer contributory, pension schemes
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme.
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: Monday 4th December 2023
Interview date: Tuesday 12th December 2023
For further details, please refer to the job description
Please note direct applicants only – no agency CVs
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
If you are currently living overseas or have lived / worked overseas in the last five years please be aware that you will be required to provide an overseas criminal record check from the country/countries you have worked/resided in if you are the preferred candidate for the post. Further details of how to obtain the additional check is here: Criminal records checks for overseas applicants - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.