Programme Manager - English and Maths (Maternity Cover) (LUM445/760)
About the Role
At The School of Engineering, an opportunity has become available for a Programme Manager for Maths & English, based at The Printworks campus. This role is for maternity cover for min of 1 year. We are a growing Engineering department, based in Leeds City Centre. We deliver to 16-18, 19+ and apprentices. The Maths & English team sit within the Engineering team and work together to support the learners to achieve their best and move onto their next stage.
What You Will Do
- Our ideal candidate will be able to develop an engaging, innovative and creative GCSE curriculum. We are a department that values Maths & English progress very highly and seek an individual with a passion for promoting student success.
- As a part of this role you will be required to lead on Maths & English and teach English, you will also line manage a team of teaching staff.
- Manage activities and strategies to ensure the high retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for identified courses are reached.
- Ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses.
- Be responsible for the retention, achievement, success & attendance for identified courses.
- Build positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes
- You will be a team player, confident and enthusiastic. Have a passion to support this generation into their career choices.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Ability to lead activities in the development and delivery of strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.