Specialist Behaviour and Intervention Assistant (SEND) (0.8 FTE Term Time Only) (LUM3050/797)
About the Role
Leeds City College is the main education provider for post-16 students within the Leeds City region. We are looking for a dedicated individual to join our team as a Specialist Behaviour and Intervention Assistant to support curriculum in managing the some of the challenging behaviour of specific learners by providing a specialist intervention approach. This role requires an experienced SEND professional to lead through a matrix management approach across Luminate FE colleges for the placement and support of students with Educational Health Care Plans. Additionally, you will be an operational main point of contact with local authorities, making a contribution towards positive outcomes for disadvantaged and vulnerable students. To provide additional medical and personal care support for learners with needs, to enable them to participate, progress, achieve and enjoy a fully inclusive college experience.
What You Will Do
- Support the department to provide outstanding and robust support to SEND learners in order to meet individual needs as outlined in their EHCP.
- Lead on intervention strategies aligned to area of specialism in order to strengthen the subject knowledge of staff
- To attend meetings as and when required
- Contribute towards audit and compliance of evidence required for all aspects of SEND support
- Engage in CPD and training in order to develop pedagogical knowledge within your own specialist area.
- English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above
- Experience of working in a team in an educational setting.
- Relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of working in the Sector around Caring for young people
- Able to assist with personal care provision including requirements of wheelchair users.
- Able to establish rapport and to maintain professional boundaries.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.