VLE Officer (Virtual Learning Environment)
DGHE is the higher education division of David Game College (DGC). Established in 1974 the College is Ofsted inspected, QAA reviewed and OfS registered, with a reputation for quality and academic excellence.
DGC is a leading independent College in the heart of the city of London that aims to promote the joy of knowledge by offering a dynamic educational experience, providing learners with the opportunity to develop new skills and talents that are highly desirable in the job market.
DGHE offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees (3 years; 4 years with a foundation programme and Level 6 Top-ups) and BTEC Higher National Diplomas specialising in Business, Healthcare, Public Services and Art & Design.
The VLE Officer will support the Data & Systems Officer and HoAA in sharing responsibility for ensuring that the highest professional service standards are provided in the College in relation to supporting the academic administration systems. They will play a key supporting and coordinating role with regards to maintaining the College’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) in accordance with the College’s teaching and learning strategy.
- Managing the day-to-day administration of the College’s VLE (Moodle), which includes user enrolments and course creation and configurations.
- Liaising with Programme Managers to support learning materials and course content as required.
- Performing general housekeeping duties with regards to the configuration of the VLE, including the scheduling of appointments via Zoom and Picktime applications and the maintenance of course contents in Moodle.
- First line of support for VLE queries from students and staff.
- Supporting the maintenance and development of systems to accurately capture all aspects of the assessment cycle and administration processes.
- Ensuring that student records and results are accurately captured and updated on Quercus (in-house database) in a timely manner and, for ratification at the relevant Assessment Boards.
- Supporting the assessment cycle by coordinating the release of results on the VLE in accordance with the assessment boards across all Schools.
- Performing administration duties as it pertains to the maintenance of Quercus, the configuration of Turnitin related tools and generating report requirements of the College’s results system.
- Scheduling tutorials on Quercus for the production of class registers.
- Acting as a member in the Digital, Data and IT Committee to advise on the implementation and testing of data applications that may impact the teaching/student experience and the generation of reports.
- Facilitating Zoom lesson recordings and providing these upon request.
- To actively support the policies and practices of the College, awarding bodies and Partner institutes as it relates to the online learning environment.
This is a hybrid position and the post holder will be expected to work at least 3 days in office. The above duties are subject to change at the discretion of the College and shall include other reasonable responsibilities as the College may from time to time assign.
To succeed in this role, the post holder must be able to apply a methodical approach to deliver high quality work, paying high attention to detail and accuracy, and is patient in completing repetitive data-handling tasks. Problem solving and being highly organised are also essential skills required for this role, as well as being able to multi-task various strands of work, and prioritising these based on organisational needs.
To apply please send covering letter and CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please click the apply link to view the Job description and person specification on the DGHE college site.