Human Resources Coordinator
The College requires a skilled HR administrator with extensive HE experience in providing high-quality HR support and leadership. The College is seeking a dedicated and knowledgeable individual to join our admin team in the newly created role of HR administrator. In this role, you will provide effective HR support to College CEO, Board of Directors, Board of Governors, and all employees and contractors ensuring the student experience remains at the heart of everything we do.
Preference will be given to candidates with extensive working experience in UK College/University HR environments. This is a mandatory requirement for all potential candidates.
- ESSENTIAL DUTIES [Mandatory Requirements]:
- Providing an effective and high-quality HR support service for the College, offering expert advice and guidance to College leaders, managers, and all employees and contractors.
- Assisting CEO and finance team in providing professional coaching and guidance to enable them to deliver employee relations, workforce management, and employee engagement activities across their respective areas.
- Overseeing the management of all Employee Relations (ER) cases across the college, ensuring compliance with policies and regulations.
- .Provide professional, confidential, and consistent advice and guidance on all aspects of HR to employees and contractors at all levels within the college.
- Providing professional, confidential, and consistent advice to recruiting international staff who require T2 visa clearance from UKVI and also provide guidance and compliance on all aspects of HR to international employees at all levels within the College.
- Commanding good knowledge of UKVI requirements and the processes involved in the preparation of required documents for T2 visa clearance for foreign nationals
- Good HR professional qualification at level 6 or equivalent qualification
- An excellent knowledge and understanding of generalist HR and legal compliance
- Relevant experience in an HR Management or supervisory role within HE environments
- Experience in handling employee relations issues and cases within HE environments
- Experience in maintaining employee and contractor records within HE environments
- Good knowledge in the use of MSO spreadsheet and HR database within educational environments
- Good knowledge of PAYE , pension & NI contribution and personal taxation to meet compliance
- Good knowledge of HMRC employment requirements and compliance
- Good knowledge of Bookkeeping and bank reconciliation
- Good knowledge of using Sage line 50 and TAS accounts software
- Extensive knowledge in GDPR compliance
If you are a committed HR professional meeting all our essential requirements with a passion for providing leading HR support and driving employee engagement, we want to hear from you. Join our team and help shape the future of education.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Learner Focused : At our heart is always doing what is best for our learners. We consider our learners in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every learner.
- Commitment to Excellence: We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork Sharing: We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous Development: We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Continuous Wellbeing: We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our learners, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on mutual trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Diversity Centred: We recognise differences and diversity, hence acknowledging that we can learn from each other.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.