Creative Industries Co-ordinator (part time)
1 Vacancy either on a 0.6fte or 0.8fte contract:
0.6fte Creative Industries Co-ordinator (21.6 hours per week) - £22,591 - £24,883
0.8 fte Creative Industries Co-ordinator (28.8 hours per week) - £30,122 - £33,177
31 days holiday (pro-rata for mid-year starters and pro-rata for part time)
Westminster is an amazing place. We are home to over 250,000 residents from all backgrounds, over 50,000 vibrant and vital businesses and three-quarters-of-a-million people work in Westminster. Westminster City Council’s strategy is to work towards a Fairer Westminster. A Fairer Westminster is one in which our communities are at the heart of our decision-making and help to determine the city’s future. By working directly with our communities and other partners, we can build a more inclusive city that celebrates our diverse communities, and where residents, workers and visitors from all backgrounds will feel welcome and safe.
Westminster Adult Education Service is the City Council’s adult education service and the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest nationally.
We provide life-changing learning opportunities for our learners through our qualification courses, apprenticeship programmes and extensive community-based provision. We work to adapt to the changing needs of our communities – resulting in a dynamic atmosphere where ambition, diversity and creativity are celebrated. We are on our journey to outstanding and want people who share our vision of attaining excellence to join us.
If you want to join an organisation that makes a difference in people’s lives, we want to hear from you.
- To manage classroom based and blended learning, ensuring the quality of delivery and assessment is of the highest standards
- To ensure the highest levels of efficient and effective customer management and ensure a high-quality learning experience for every learner
- To teach on our accredited within your specialist area
- To ensure retention and achievement rates of learners is high and in line with agreed annual KPIs
- To ensure recruitment targets are ambitious and met as per curriculum planning for the academic year Line management of 10+ part-time tutors
- You must have previous experience in a post 16 education environment and proven experience of leading teams
- Experience of teaching in your specialist area of the Creative Industries on accredited courses (UAL experience is desirable)
- A degree or professional qualification in a subject relevant to the area
- A minimum of 3 years of industry experience in the Creative Industries
- You must have a teaching qualification at Level 5
- An IQA or other Assessor/IV qualification, or willingness to work towards one
- Knowledge of on-line teaching and using EBS (desirable)
What we offer:
At Westminster City Council, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive workplace and employer of choice. We encourage and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that, at all levels, represents the communities we serve. We champion equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, has a sense of belonging and is empowered to be their best, that is the Westminster Way. To find out more about how we do this visit https://www.westminster.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/public-health-strategy-policies-and-reports/equality-duties [westminster.gov.uk]
As a forward-thinking Council, we appreciate that people work in different ways, therefore some of our staff depending on their role at WAES can benefit from working a range of flexible working patterns as well as Agile working.
The Council is a Disability Confident Employer. If you have declared a disability in your application, we guarantee an interview if you meet the essential criteria of the job. If you are invited for interview, you will be asked if you need any reasonable adjustments in order to attend, and we will make these wherever possible.
The Service offers a competitive salary and employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Closing date for this post is 9am Monday 4 December 2023
Interview and assessments for this post will take place on Monday 11 December 2023 at our Lisson Grove Centre.
Please quote reference number ED/WAES/2140.
Please ensure you address all the role and person criteria when completing your supporting statement.
A Basic DBS is required for this post.
Please apply via the link