Intern Graphic Designer (LUM569/797)
About the Role
An exciting role has arisen for an Intern Graphic Designer to join our team at Luminate Education Group. Our team is made up of graphic designers, animators, copywriters and filmmakers, who are a part of the wider Marketing department at Luminate Education Group. You will be working with a collection of FE colleges, each has its own successful identity which is recognised locally.
We are looking for someone who has a fresh approach to graphic design and is willing to work collaboratively with our existing creative team on various campaigns and design projects.
This is a hybrid role offering flexible working between our city centre office and home. We offer a generous support package which includes 27 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays and additional time off between the Christmas and New Year.
What You Will Do
- Produce creative and exciting design for both print and digital with a strong understanding of the target audience.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts/campaigns.
- Collaborate effectively with the creative team and wider marketing team on projects.
- Implement brand guidelines and design strategies and ensure this is always maintained.
- You will be highly skilled in all aspects of graphic design with a relevant design degree.
- You will have an impressive portfolio showing your skills in design across print and digital.
- You will have the interpersonal skills to be a credible, authentic, influential and effective member of the team in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You will be enthusiastic, committed and focused on delivering outstanding results.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.