The Transition Coordinator - SEND will be highly qualified, innovative, enthusiastic and looking for every opportunity to prepare students for a successful future. Moulton College is committed to helping all students develop skills in the areas of personal-social growth, educational planning and career and vocational development. The Transition Coordinator - SEND assists students with disabilities and their families in obtaining services from the Local Authority, necessary to transition from school to a college, and then into employment or long-term support.
This role is 37.5 hours per week over 38 working weeks.
Your duties will include the following;
- Develop and deliver a bespoke transition for high needs students. This transition starts from when the student has an interest in the college and finishes when the student is settled on the correct course. If necessary help with transition to a more appropriate course.
- The transition will be determined by the Education, Health and Care Plan and costs.
- Regular transition visits.
- Contact with the current education setting and parents/carers. Regular contact with local authorities.
- Explore different courses and options for students
- Create partnerships with local authorities and local specialist provisions
- Keep regular transition notes and input information onto shared spreadsheets.
- Create working partnerships with SEN specialist provisions and mainstream settings, so they are aware of what the college can offer and the support available.
- Visit local SEN schools to meet and build relationships with Inclusion staff. Travel to all potential feeder schools.
- Attend and take part in Education, Health and Care Plan reviews for prospective and current students.
- Regular contact and meetings with the Head of Department to ensure the correct support is in place and the costs are correct.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- Relevant Professional Qualification or proven track record
- Full Driving Licence
- Experience in dealing with vulnerable adults and/or young people
- Experience of working with confidential information
- Experience of working in Education or similar environment
- Ability to build and maintain professional and meaningful relationships with learners, carers, parents, outside agencies to ensure success
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.