Skills Technician - Plumbing
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic and committed skills technician who will support with the practical and technical skills development of our learners and with wider aspects of the construction curriculum. The successful candidate will provide high level practical skills development, coaching and mentoring to students so that they develop knowledge, skills and behaviours and strong employability skills that meet the needs of industry. The successful candidate will also be responsible for preparing, maintaining, organising and managing the workshop environment and resources to industry standards providing a safe, healthy and secure learning and work environment
The post holder will: be enthusiastic and approachable, qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in the vocational subject, have recent plumbing industry experience and experience of motivating and working with young people and adults.
· Providing high level technical skills development, coaching and mentoring to students
· Being able to transfer your industry knowledge and skills to students so that they progress well, achieve high grades and develop strong employability skills
· Delivering stimulating and challenging practical sessions that engage students and develop their practical skills
· Supervising learners ensuring that behaviours and attendance met College/industry expectations
· Supporting and challenging learners to be the best they can
· Ensuring the smooth running, upkeep and operation of the practical learning environment, equipment and resources ensuring they are well resourced, organised, clean and set up in line with industry standards
· Supporting teaching staff and learners across the Faculty where require
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.