Head of ALS
Based across St Albans & Welwyn Garden City Campus
We are seeking an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our educational institution as the Head of Additional Learning Support. As a key member of our team, you will play a crucial role in promoting an inclusive and supportive learning environment for all students.
Oversee the Additional Learning Support department, managing a team of dedicated professionals.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure all students with diverse learning needs receive appropriate support and accommodations.
- Collaborate with teachers and staff to identify students requiring additional assistance and create individualized support plans.
- Stay up-to-date with best practices and advancements in learning support to continually enhance our services.
- Liaise with parents/guardians, providing regular updates on student progress and seeking their input in the support process.
- Coordinate with external agencies and organizations to access additional resources and services when necessary.
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations related to additional learning support.
- A full teaching qualification
- Experienced on leading on Exam Access Arrangements
- Will lead on the use of accessible technology.
- Experience of leading teams/or managing staff
- Direct relevant experience of curriculum planning processes particularly in relation to the areas covered by the post.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with a diverse audience.
- Ability to delegate effectively and manage performance of others in accordance with good management practice.
- Ability to analyse, solve problems and implement change with a successful track record of managing and delivering change.
- Ability to manage budgets and meet financial targets.
- A proven track record in a leadership role within the field of additional learning support.
- Extensive knowledge of different learning difficulties, disabilities, and the latest support methodologies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with various stakeholders.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving abilities to manage diverse student needs and resources efficiently.
- Relevant qualifications in special education or a related field are preferred.
Join our passionate and dedicated team and make a significant impact on the lives of students by fostering an inclusive and empowering learning environment. If you are committed to making a difference and possess the necessary qualifications and experience, we encourage you to apply.
Interview date TBC - We reserve the right to close the advert early should suitable candidates be found, therefore early applications are advised.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Generous annual leave – 30 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
- The chance to train towards a teaching qualification / assessor qualification, paid by the College
- Automatic entry into the Local Government pension Scheme.
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently underrepresented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to email@example.com