Learning Support Assistant
TTO – 36 Weeks.
Working Hours: Mon – Friday - 8:45 – 17:00
Part Time hours to be discussed at interview.
Hours available at both St Albans and Welwyn Garden City campuses.
- Are you interested in helping learners achieve their full potential within mainstream education?
- We have positions full time and part time within our Additional learning Support Team
- Oaklands College offers a wide variety of curriculum areas at both of our main campuses:
- At our St. Albans campus we offer courses such as: Animal Management, Construction Trades, Sport, Public Services.
- At our Welwyn Garden City campus, we offer courses such as: Business, Hair & Beauty, Performing Arts, Engineering.
- These are a just a small selection of courses that we offer to our mainstream learners which allow them to gain the skills and knowledge to move into employment and Higher Education.
- As a Learning Support Assistant your role will include providing consistent academic support for individuals or groups of students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities within our Mainstream provision.
- Your focus will be supporting learners academically inside and outside the classroom and assisting tutors to meet the diverse needs of learners.
- You will need the ability to communicate effectively with Curriculum areas and work effectively with the Tutors to ensure that student needs and college objectives are met by delivering a high-quality student experience.
- 2 years general work experience of working with students in either school, adult education, voluntary/charitable organisations. Essential.
- Good standard of education 5 GCSE’s grade C or above or equivalent qualification or extensive experience. Essential.
- Effective communication skills. Essential.
- Accurate record keeping. Essential.
- Knowledge of Education Health and Care Plans. Desirable.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn.
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking.
- Subsidised onsite restaurant.
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership.
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org