Curriculum Development Manager for Automotive
Why join us?
Here in the Engineering team at Castleford College, we're not just teaching - we're creating a dynamic partnership with local and regional employers to provide our learners with an immersive, industry-rich educational experience. In fact, we've already built a powerful employer forum that actively shapes and champions our curriculum. Join us and you will be part of a team that's transforming education by successfully connecting it with the real world.
We want our students to reach their full potential and even exceed their own expectations. As Curriculum Development Manager for Automotive, you'll do that by supporting the Head of Engineering in shaping our curriculum, managing resources, and guiding colleagues, whilst also elevating student outcomes through performance tracking and inspiration, alongside your annual teaching commitment.
Specifically, the role of Curriculum Development Manager will involve:
- Assisting in the planning, review, development and delivery of the automotive curriculum.
- Providing leadership for the development of up-to-date materials and resources to support the automotive curriculum development, teaching and learning.
- Helping improve the delivery of the schemes of work and the assessment, recording and reporting processes for student achievement.
- Monitoring the curriculum area’s performance against Key Performance Indicators, especially in relation to recruitment, retention, attendance and success targets.
- A relevant degree or professional qualification of an equivalent level or equivalent level of industry experience.
- Qualified to a minimum of Level 3 in a relevant automotive discipline.
- Successful experience of teaching within the automotive curriculum.
- A proven track record of improving the learner experience and the ability to make accurate judgements about the quality of teaching, learning and assessment.
- Experience of working with / in relevant external organisations.
As well as the usual industry experience and qualifications, we are looking for somebody who has demonstrated an outstanding record in automotive programme development in an FE setting and has experience in developing, teaching, leading and inspiring others - at all levels.
Find out more by coming along to our Construction and Engineering Recruitment Event
What we can offer you
Our people strategy ensures that continuous professional development is at the heart of our organisation. You will have opportunity to participate in our soon to be launched leadership development programme providing you with access to a comprehensive range of training alongside opportunity to build your internal network.
You can also expect a competitive salary, a robust pension scheme, and ample annual leave to support your work-life balance. Our unwavering commitment to safeguarding ensures a safe environment for both students and staff. You'll have access to professional development opportunities and a culture that values recognition and celebration. We're passionate about sustainability and offer green travel options. We champion equality and diversity, embracing the richness of our community. Health and wellbeing are a priority, with mental health support, physical health resources, and work-life balance initiatives. And our effective communication keeps you informed and engaged.
Be part of our team, and together, let's shape the future of education in the Heart of Yorkshire.
Simply click APPLY to complete your online application on our website before the closing date of 26 November 2023. Interviews will be held week commencing 4 December 2023.
*A Market forces payment could be accessible for a fully qualified, suitably experienced/exceptional candidate. This can be discussed at interview/offer.
PLEASE NOTE NO AGENCIES, DIRECT APPLICANTS ONLY.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.