Statutory Student Data Returns Compliance Manager
We are delighted to offer an opportunity for a Statuary Student Data Compliance Manager to join our college registration and admissions team
In this role you will facilitate and encourage effective and timely evidence based decision-making by providing a first class reporting service that meets the needs of the College and its students. You will have specific responsibility for the submission of the College`s student data returns, including but not limited to: HESA student (Data Futures) , Unistats and to contribute to other returns as required.
You will be managing a team and function, and join a highly skilled team in supporting our approach to ensuring optimisation of our data for use by external parties. You will influence and support the successful delivery of the College strategy through you commitment to various departmental committees, to secure accurate and transparent student data as appropriate.
You will have demonstrable experience and understanding of student records data and its place in operational and reporting requirements. This includes experience of interpreting the needs of external organisations. You will also have specific experience of student record management systems and of manipulating, analysing and interrogating large data sets within them.
The role involves people management and frequent liaison with senior stakeholders. Experience of leading and managing a team, dealing with staff at all levels, and the ability to provide professional advice and guidance to a wide variety of service users is essential.
You will also have the ability to use negotiating, influencing, presentational and networking skills to remove obstacles to delivery of a strategy as a highly skilled communicator with evidence of targeting communication style to audience.
Your priorities will include
- Providing expert leadership and management of the reporting requirements associated with all student and staff statistical returns for the College;
- Leading teams to continue implementing significant changes in respect of the HESA student return (Data Futures) and the HESA staff return (new systems);
- Assuring the quality of Statutory Returns and other information produced by the team, and provide advice and assurance in respect of statutory returns ;
- Taking a leading and influential role in collaboration with various departments to ensure enhancements to the Student and Staff Information Systems, the quality of data therein and the consistency of internal and external reporting;
- Managing and enhancing the delivery of Management Information about students and staff so that it is of high quality, and communicated in ways that are straightforward for diverse users, of value for strategic decision-making and suitable for high-profile, external use.
- Qualifications Required
Who we are looking for someone with:
- Excellent digital skills, including experience of using more specialist information management and analytical systems;
- Excellent skills in information management, data manipulation and quantitative analysis, and reporting;
- Experience of delivering student statutory returns in higher education;
- Experience of provide specialist advice, and guiding and influencing stakeholders at operational and strategic levels;
- Good people management skills, with the ability to lead, motivate and influence staff to deliver effectively, even where you do not have direct line management responsibility;
- Relevant degree or professional qualification with excellent knowledge of MIS
As a diverse and forward-thinking employer, we embed the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion into everything we do. That includes not just our core missions of teaching and research, but also our support for staff, students and our local community through our values of Inspiring, Impactful and Inclusive.
We`re committed to the wellbeing of all our staff and to the sustainability of our environment, on our campus and beyond. We offer a competitive salary package, pension scheme and a generous annual leave allowance, along with opportunities to develop your career in a supportive and collaborative environment.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.