- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Teachers Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
111 Canal Street, Nottingham, NG1 7HB
Contract: 0.4 FTE and 0.25 FTE (can be combined to a 0.65 FTE post for right candidate)
Nottingham College is offering a fantastic opportunity for an outstanding catering professional looking for a new challenge to begin, or to continue with, their career in education. We are a high performing vocational area based at the recently opened City Hub and we offer a wide range of courses for learners from Entry Level 3 through to Foundation Degree. With the anticipated growth in the area, we are looking for an enthusiastic and innovative chef lecturer to join our team. We also work closely with industry to ensure our students receive the best skills and knowledge for industry as possible.
Candidates should therefore:
· Possess suitable, quality experience of working in the Catering & Hospitality industry. You need to be an expert in different levels of cookery with some pastry experience as well as being passionate about teaching and learning.
· Be student focused, have passion, drive and vision that shines through to create outstanding learning opportunities.
· Have excellent communication skills, empathy, understanding and the ability to inspire and engage young people to excel and achieve their learning goals.
· Demonstrate that you have experience of using a range of learning technologies as well as a willingness to continue to update your skills through directed and self-directed CPD.
· Ideally the successful candidate will hold a teaching qualification, although this is not essential and professional development & training is available to support this.
· Will work occasional weekends, evenings or additional hours for college special events.
· The role will also include additional duties such as pastoral support, progress monitoring and report writing.
· Holding the A1 IQA, TAQA or Level 4 IQA is desirable
· Holding a teaching qualification is desirable
In this area we are currently under-represented in terms of staff from ethnic minority backgrounds and those with disabilities. In order to work towards matching our staff profile to that of our diverse student community, applications are particularly welcomed from such applicants. All applications will be treated on merit.
The post will be shortlisted against the essential and desirable criteria at application stage from the person specification. Please ensure that you have a look at this specification attached to the Role Profile and complete your application directly from this, as these specifications are an integral part of the selection process.
For further details on this post which the job description and person specification cannot answer for you, please contact Phil Tomlinson by email email@example.com.
The closing date for these posts is Friday 3rd November, 2023
The assessment and interview date for these posts is Wednesday 15th November, 2023
Our values mean we work together, as One Team. As One Team in our commitment to creating an inclusive environment, promoting inclusivity and respect with a culture that supports our college community of staff and students to achieve their full potential and celebrate all aspects of diversity. Achieving our aim to be an employer of choice will be through striving to lead an environment that is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
We believe that a diverse workforce leads to an organisation that is more innovative, more creative and gets better results. We want our workforce to represent the diversity of the people and communities that we serve. We also want our workplace to be one where different experiences, expertise and perspectives are valued and where everyone is encouraged to grow and develop. We are happy to consider any reasonable adjustments that successful candidates may need.
Nottingham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of our students and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks including employer references and an enhanced DBS check will be required for this role.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.