IT Technician (LUM609/727)
About the Role
Luminate Education Group has vacancies for 2 IT Support Technicians within our IT shared services teams. Although the roles will be based at Quarry Hill Campus and Park Lane Campus in Leeds there may be a requirement to provide IT support at any of the sites and locations within Luminate Education Group.
What You Will Do
- Install, configure, test and maintain IT/Audio Visual hardware, including operating systems and software applications for college desktop computers, laptops, mobile devices, mobile / fixed telephone handsets and all multimedia, classroom and assistive technologies in line with departmental service level standards.
- Provide a courteous and highly customer focused technical support service.
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers ensuring hardware is repaired within service level standard timescales
- To take ownership of allocated IT incidents and progress them to a satisfactory conclusion, keeping customers regularly informed of progress.
- You will ideally have comprehensive IT skills and service experience and will be able to deliver an exceptional customer focused IT service.
- A knowledge and understanding of computer operating systems including Microsoft Windows, Apple and Google Chrome is required for the role.
- You will also have the skills to install, configure and troubleshoot computer hardware systems including PCs, Laptops, Mobile Devices, VoIP Telephones, Mobile Phones and Printers.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.