Programme Manager - Pastoral (LUM471/734)
About the Role
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19+ learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Customer Service and Business sustainability. Our course offers range from Level 1, for learners who may be applying to college with limited previous experience of qualifications through to Level 3 Extended programmes of study which enable students to progress to higher education or supervisory positions within industry.
We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager within the Events, Enterprise and Employability Department, who will drive our strategic ambitions, growth and quality in our pastoral delivery. As a leader, you will play a pivotal role in fostering a positive and motivating work environment, driving innovation, and achieving organisational goals. Join our dynamic and passionate team, and lead us towards success and growth. You will have the responsibility to lead and manage a small team of pastoral coaches across a range of programmes for our 16-18 learners from Level 1 to Level 3. If you are an enthusiastic leader who thrives in a collaborative and innovative environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. This role will also have Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities.
What You Will Do
- Leading tutorial development and delivery.
- Leading on additional learner support.
- Responsible for a small team of teachers and pastoral staff.
- Collaboration with other pastoral Programme Manager to ensure positive progressions for all students.
- Designated Safeguarding Officer Responsibilities.
- Holds a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE).
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching subject.
- English and Maths at Level 2 or above and a willingness to improve in one or both disciplines to level 3 or above.
- Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting, with positive outcomes.
- Experience of supervising/managing staff to ensure high performance.
- Ability to plan and deliver quality teaching across identified cohorts and ensure consistency of high delivery within teams.
- Ability to lead activities in the development and delivery of strategies to improve retention, achievement, success and attendance rates for groups of learners.
- Effective management skills to ensure high performance from a range of individuals.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.