Health, Safety, and Environment Manager
The Position: We’re looking for a Health, Safety, and Environment Manager
As the College Health, Safety, and Environment Manager, you will play a crucial role in creating and maintaining a safe and sustainable campus environment. You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and overseeing health, safety, and environmental programs and initiatives that align with the college's goals and regulatory requirements. Your leadership will ensure the well-being of our college community and the protection of our environment.
What skills are we looking for:
- Safety and Environmental Advocate: The ideal candidate should be passionate about promoting a culture of safety, health, and environmental stewardship within the college community.
- Experienced Professional: We seek an experienced professional with a proven track record in health, safety, and environmental management.
- Collaborative Leader: The College Health, Safety, and Environment Manager will work with various departments and stakeholders across the college. We are looking for an individual who can effectively collaborate, build relationships, and engage with diverse groups to create a safer and more sustainable campus.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: This role involves risk assessment, incident investigation, and decision-making to improve safety and environmental practices. The ideal candidate should have strong analytical skills, the ability to identify root causes, and propose effective solutions.
- Effective Communicator: Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. The candidate should be capable of developing and delivering training programs, conveying complex information clearly, and inspiring others to prioritise safety and sustainability.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Regulatory Compliance Expertise: The candidate should have a strong understanding of health, safety, and environmental regulations. This expertise is essential for ensuring the college's compliance with all relevant laws and standards.
- Training and Communication Skills: Effective communication and the ability to develop and deliver training programs are crucial for promoting a culture of safety and environmental stewardship across the college. The candidate should be able to convey complex information clearly and engage with diverse audiences.
- Problem-Solving and Decision-Making Abilities: The role requires the candidate to investigate accidents, incidents, and near-misses and make recommendations for improvements. Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills are essential for identifying root causes and implementing effective corrective actions to enhance safety and environmental practices.
The Location: The site is based in Nuneaton campus, will involve travel to other sites. Hybrid working can be discussed at interview stage.
Why Should You Apply?
- The pay range we’re offering is 37-43
- We offer great holidays and access to the Local Government Pension
- We offer great staff development opportunities including the opportunity to take your CIM
- Family friendly policies and procedures
Equality, diversity, and inclusion are integral to everything that we do. We are committed to these values, and they are central to our mission. We’re committed to finding reasonable adjustments* for candidates with specific needs or have a disability during our recruitment process, and all applicants will be considered fairly and equally. We do not tolerate discrimination of any kind. *If you’d like to request a reasonable adjustment, please contact the recruiting manager.
We aim to support our employees in achieving a healthy work-life balance. We recognise that many of our employees have responsibilities and are committed to providing support for our employees. We are working hard to support flexible and new ways of working where possible and offer a wide range of benefits.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references’.
'Please apply as soon as you can as we reserve the right to close this advertisement early if we receive a suitable number of applications.'
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.