We are looking for experienced Higher-Level Teaching Assistants in Maths to work in our growing department. If you want to help to develop innovative teaching and learning strategies to enable our students to achieve their highest potential then Oldham College is for you!
In this role you will:
- Inspire, challenge and support others to enable them to achieve more than they thought possible;
- Be an outstanding teaching assistant and role model for all;
- Nurture a culture of professional development that is integrated seamlessly in every day practice;
- Be bold, optimistic and tenacious in setting and achieving high standards;
- Drive Oldham College’s vision and expectations to have a significant impact on students’ life chances
You must have a minimum of a Grade C/4 in GCSE Mathematics or Level 2 Functional Skills and experience of working in a support/mentoring/educator role. AS/A Level Math’s or a Degree in Math’s is also desirable, in addition to experience of working within the secondary or FE sector.
With strong interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to work effectively as part of a great team, assisting with lesson planning and classroom management ensuirng a safe and welcoming learning environment. If you meet these requirements and are passionate about supporting student learning, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, not only will you benefit from an annual reviewed salary but have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- Car Scheme
- Subsidised car parking
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation Act 1974. It is an offence to apply for the role if the applicant is barred from engaging in regulated activity relevant to children and vulnerable adults.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.