School Admin Lead (Part Time, Reduced Year) (LUM283/490)
About the Role
Leeds City College are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive and innovative Admin Lead to join our dynamic team in the 14 - 16 Skills Programme. In this role, you will play a vital part in supporting the department with all administration tasks to ensure that we are efficient, effective and compliant. This role is part time reduced year, 22.5 hours per week, 39 weeks per year.
You will ensure that all of our data needs are taken care of and work with relevant team members to ensure that we have everything that we need from a data perspective. You will also work with the leadership team to review processes to stream line internal practices and improve efficiency through removing duplication of effort. You will ensure that the department is audit and GDPR compliant. You will coordinate and support the department with curriculum planning including ensuring timetabling, rooming, staff/room utilisation, course profiling and approvals, course file and all other related elements of planning are maximised.
What You Will Do
- Provide an excellent data service to the 14 - 16 Skills Programme with excellent customer service and collaboration with the leadership team.
- Work collaboratively with MIS to ensure that all data processing is in line with College Protocol.
- Ensure the highest quality of data is efficiently and effectively input in the college systems as a result of good staff skills and knowledge.
- Drive business process improvements with efficient planning, delivery and streamlining.
- Work closely and effectively with MIS colleagues to complement training that they provide, and negotiate process changes that may impact at that level.
- Good general education at NVQ Level 2 or equivalent, including Maths and English Grade C or above at Level 2.
- You will be computer literate and able to adapt to new systems rapidly.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Able to work positively & effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link