Job Coach Co-ordinator (LUM159/642)
About the Role
Foundation Studies is looking for a competent job to support SEN students enhance their strengths and employability skills. Working within Foundation Studies Supported and Pre Internships - Sourcing work placement opportunities to enable SEN students to gain employment skills. Supporting students to develop their confidence, life skills in preparation for adulthood and work-related skills for SEN students.
What You Will Do
- Developing effective job coaching and employment plans. Communication with SEN students to understand their goals and to enable students to reach their full potential.
- Undertake training/orientation prior to beginning of work placement.
- Provide on-going support in the workplace as required. To be negotiated with the student and employer on an individual basis.
- Contribute to reviews providing feedback on progress in line with the RARPA process.
- Complete progress reviews with employer/business, Course Lead, Programme Manager and student.
- Support students to attend interviews for permanent jobs once the course has been completed.
- Meet regularly to provide training and information.
- Where appropriate work with employers to secure paid employment or progression opportunities.
- Experience of working with SEN students.
- Good knowledge of Equality legislation and the rights of disabled individuals in the workplace.
- Understanding of the job preparation process and strategies to assist to support and develop SEN students with employment skills.
- Strong ability to develop effective relationships with employers, students, parents and carers.
- Strong ability to develop rapport and empathy.
- Solution-focused approach.
- Able to work in a team sharing responsibilities and duties.
- Able to work in a team towards the EHCP outcomes and in line with the RARPA model of delivery.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Keighley College has excellent modern facilities and provides a professional and friendly environment. We pride ourselves on working closely with employers, the local community and other stakeholders to provide curriculum and support that meets the needs of our students. Our core purpose is to improve the life chances of our learners. We are passionate about helping our students to achieve their goals. We have state-of-the-art facilities in a central location, close to public transport links and great industry connections.
Choosing to work for Keighley College means that you will be part of an enterprising, inclusive, inspiring, collaborative, empowering, and dynamic environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Keighley College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.