Cover Supervisor (LUM206/548)
About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form College provides and aspirational and inclusive education experience for young people and adults across the region. We are a large department of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff to ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match. We are looking for someone to come and support an outstanding department in driving the success of our students. What You Will Do
- As a Cover Supervisor you will facilitate the learning and progress of classes where there is a short-term absence of the usual teacher.
- You will deliver lessons and engage in assessment and feedback practices and individualised learner- target setting in order to holistically support learners to make strong progress.
- You will manage the classroom restoratively and create a positive learning environment, building strong professional relationships.
- You will communicate frequently with teaching staff, outside agencies and the Pastoral Team in order to ensure the best possible outcomes for learners.
- You will actively seek CPD opportunities in order to continually develop as a professional, attend team-meetings as necessary and support the examination process as required.
- Adaptable, enthusiastic and conscientious professional, with a passion for working in education and making a difference to the lives of young people and adults.
- 1. Maths & English at Grade 4 or equivalent and an appropriate Level 3 teaching qualification ( eg. PTTLS) or a willingness to work towards
- Experience of delivering training/instruction
- Experience of working with young people
- You will be a team-player who adapts well to change
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
By joining Leeds Sixth Form College you join a community dedicated to improving the lives of young people through education. Whether you’re inspiring the next generation with your committed teaching or supporting the work of those who do, you know you will be making a positive impact every day.
Choosing to work for Leeds Sixth Form College means that you will be part of a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Sixth Form College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.