Assistant Health & Safety Officer
Do you have a passion for health and safety?
We are recruiting for an Assistant Health and Safety Officer to join our Health and Safety team where you will support the Health & Safety Officer in the co-ordinating, supporting and advising Heart of Yorkshire Education Group on all aspects relating to health and safety
As an Assistant Health and Safety Officer your duties will include:
- Actively supporting and promoting Health and Safety for the College, through open engagement with students, staff and visitors.
- Delivering a structured programme of health and safety training throughout each academic year, identifying key areas and compliance with changes to legislation
- Reviewing and promoting risk assessments
- Conduct investigation of incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses on and off College premises
The role of Assistant Health and Safety Officer within College is varied, and every day is different, with new challenges. You will get to meet and support staff from all areas of the College such as Motor Vehicle, Construction, Hair & Beauty, Hospitality & Catering, Horticulture and Animal Care.
We are looking for a qualified, experienced Health and Safety professional, who is enthusiastic and passionate about Health and Safety and in turn an excellent communicator who can provide Health and Safety guidance and support to staff working in Curriculum and Service Areas of the College. You should be proactive in identifying areas that require support and promote a positive Health and Safety culture.
You should be NEBOSH qualified to level 2 as a minimum and be able to interpret and communicate complex Health & Safety regulations. The College will support you to develop professionally within Health and Safety.
If you have the skills and experience, we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won’t be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave pro rata + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Generous, employer contributory pension scheme
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Please note, previous applicants need not apply.
Interview date: 24 October 2023
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.