Apprenticeship Assessor Coach - Adult Care (LUM500/581)
About the Role
To plan, co-ordinate, assess and review the learning activities associated with learners in the workplace.
Deliver classroom/remote training and conduct training and assessment covering skills and competencies as appropriate on and off site as required to facilitate timely or relevant success of students and provide a wide range of training solutions based on employer needs.
What You Will Do
- Plan, prepare and develop session plans, teaching and learning resources, learning and assessment plans in line with the awarding body requirements.
- Deliver and assess essential knowledge and understanding to learners in a variety of Adult Care Settings.
- Be responsible for recording student progress.
- Maintain and update knowledge of the subject and/or vocational area.
- Motivate and inspire students to achieve targets and develop their skills to enable progression.
- Reflect on what works best in teaching and learning to meet the diverse needs of students.
- Adapt curriculum delivery methods to maximise their effectiveness, including through the use of technology.
- Carry out internal verification/moderation.
- You must have substantial experience working in Adult Care
- An excellent communicator, confident and able to build an engaging learning relationship with students to motivate them to achieve to the best of their ability.
- Knowledge and understanding about PDBA and how to apply the knowledge into real life examples, making it engaging for the students and for them to understand the importance and relevance of it.
- A passion and ability to inspire and motivate people
- Recent teaching or instructing experience which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles.
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible towards the requirements of different learner needs.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.