Lecturer - Hairdressing and Barbering
Our established Hair and Beauty department based at Brooks Hair and Beauty on Bedford High Street, have an opportunity for a Hairdressing and Barbering Lecturer. As a Lecturer with us, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- preparation, delivery, assessment and verify on a range of hairdressing programmes.
- supporting and guiding students to achieve success and realise their potential
- managing students’ learning and provide a high quality learning experience
- contribute pro-actively to developments in the Department in curriculum development and innovative teaching
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in the Hairdressing industry and experience of working with young people in a teaching or training capacity, alongside the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Hairdressing
- PGCE/Cert Ed or willingness to achieve
Please note if the successful candidate does not hold a teaching qualification as outlined above, terms and conditions will vary.
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Contract Type – Bedford College
- 22.2 hours per week (0.6 FTE) / 52 weeks per year
- 45 days per annum (plus public holidays), pro rata for part-time
- Teachers Pension
- Free on-site parking during weekdays and weekends (subject to availability)
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a date to be confirmed
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.