We are looking for a Catering Assistant.
This positions will be term time only, 30 hours per week.
Working along side a great team, you will provide the highest levels of customer service to students, staff and visitors alike at one of our two onsite canteens.
A varied and sometime fast paced role, you will be able to prioritise task and be at ease handling cash/card payments
More details are included in the attached job description
The purpose of the role is to:
- Provide and maintain an efficient and high quality service, to College staff, students and visitors, following best practice and providing excellent customer service.
- Comply with food safety, health & safety and allergen legislation, including high standards of cleanliness.
- Assist in the preparation and service of food items and beverages and general cleaning duties. Working to maintain high standards of hygiene, safety, service and quality.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and dress.
Joining our Journey:
When you join our college, our colleagues have access to numerous benefits and facilities:
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Fantastic Staff Benefits and Rewards platform
- Very generous holiday entitlement
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity provision
- Staff Development days/week (Jan, July, Aug)
- Free confidential counselling service
- Staff recognition awards
- On-site Day Nursery
- On-site hair and beauty salon and offering staff discounts
Our ambition is to be “The Best Place to Learn and Work”. We expect a lot from you, so we want ambitious, open minded candidates, who are ready to give their best. But we give a lot in return, from training to pensions, our own benefits package, and one of the best and most helpful group of colleagues you could ever wish to meet.
Oldham College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Any appointments will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and a check of the DfE Barred List
If your application is successful, your personal data maybe used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable laws, a pre-employment screening could include, employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the role.
Further details including a Person Specification are included within the attached Job Description.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.