School Admin Officer (LUM471/686)
About the Role
The School of Events, Enterprise and Employability offers a wide range of study programmes and apprenticeship opportunities to both 16-18 and 19+ learners who are looking to pursue a career in Events, Marketing, Customer Service and Business sustainability. Our course offers range from Level 1, for learners who may be applying to college with limited previous experience of qualifications through to Level 3 Extended programmes of study which enable students to progress to higher education or supervisory positions within industry.
We are looking for an organised and proactive School Admin Lead to join our dynamic Events, Enterprise and Employability department at Leeds City College. In this varied role, you will oversee all curriculum administration and provide operational support to ensure the smooth running of the department. This is a fantastic opportunity to use your administrative expertise to enable first-class learning and development experiences. You will work in a supportive team culture that encourages new ideas and creativity. Luminate Education Group offers a range of benefits including a competitive salary, pension scheme and training opportunities.
What You Will Do
- To support the curriculum administration for an identified area of the schools activity including systems and processes.
- To support student enrolments within the School and work with the central MIS/Marketing teams throughout enrolment periods.
- To ensure appropriate systems are in place to manage electronic files.
- To work collaboratively with other schools to ensure a coordinated approach to relevant systems and processes including cover and support, catering for fluctuating workloads and absences.
- To support the School with Curriculum Planning including timetabling, course profiling.
- Relevant Qualification at level 3 or above.
- Relevant Customer service qualification or training.
- Literacy and numeracy qualification at Level 2 or above.
- Experience of working in a customer focused role/ environment.
- Experience of using data to drive developments.
- Experience of keeping student records up to date including timetabling and registers.
- Experience of enrolment process.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.