Lecturer in ESOL/EFL
1x Full Time
1x Part Time
Salary £26,987 - £40,821 - pro rata
Based across the St Albans / Welwyn Garden City Campus & Borehamwood Campus
Appointed Lecturers will teach adult programs across our friendly and high-performing department. We are particularly interested in hearing from ESOL teachers with experience of teaching Functional Skills Maths to ESOL learners.
Our classes take place on our three campuses: St Albans, Welwyn Garden City and Borehamwood. Teaching could be on part time adult ESOL (day or evening), or community-based courses. Hours are flexible across the week.
Teaching qualification e.g., a minimum of Cambridge CELTA, Trinity Certificate in TESOL or ESOL Level 4 Subject Specialism.
One year's relevant teaching experience
An ability to deal effectively with the necessary quality paperwork associated with government-funded programs.
A PGCE, Level 5 Diploma, or Cambridge DELTA
Experience in teaching basic literacy to ESOL students
Closing date 23rd October
The interview date to be confirmed
WHAT WE OFFER:
- Competitive Salary
- Automatic entry into the Teachers’ pension Scheme
- A dedicated and friendly team of professionals who are keen to develop and learn
- Excellent CPD opportunities to grow and development through mentorship and coaching.
- Free onsite parking
- Subsidised onsite restaurant
- A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
- Fantastic facilities to resource your ability to teach your students
THE RIGHT CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A detailed knowledge of the curriculum and its means of delivery
- High standards of communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work as a team
- The ability to work towards deadlines
- The ability to motivate both students and your peers
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities, and we particularly welcome applicants who are currently under represented in our workforce. This includes but is not limited to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates and disabled candidates.
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to email@example.com