Student Records Apprentice
- Access to Additional Annual Leave
- Access to NUS/TOTUM Discount
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Annual Travel Passes Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Assistance Helpline
Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1NG
Your future is here, a place to thrive
Being part of Nottingham College means playing a vital part in helping thousands of people to unlock their potential through learning. Together, we’re making a positive difference to our learners, to our communities and to each other. We’re building better futures, for others and for ourselves. Here, you’ll have the freedom to work in a way that suits you, the support to thrive and the opportunity to shape your career.
Who we need
We have an opportunity to join a welcoming team who play a key part in ensuring our student records system is kept up to date. You’ll have an eye for detail and work well with data, demonstrating the ability to process large volumes of data, whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
You’ll ideally have experience of working within a team but also be able to work independently and without direct supervision and will work well when faced with tight deadlines.
Although the majority of the role isn’t front facing with learners, you will need to have a commitment to providing excellent customer service to those colleagues and customers you come into contact with and you will need to provide support to learners during main enrolment.
What does the role involve
As a member of the Student Records Team your role will be to support the processing and maintenance of student records using the College’s student record system EBS. You will deal with queries from curriculum colleagues, other internal departments and our external partners and have the chance contribute to the development of new processes and ways of working within the team. Specific tasks include:
· Providing timely and accurate compliance checking and data processing covering tasks such as timetabling, enrolment and data validation.
· Supporting student data activities for a variety of different areas including main curriculum, apprenticeships and external partners.
· Using the college validation reports to ensure all data errors are investigated and resolved.
· Dealing with day-to-day queries from Assistant Principals, Heads of Faculty, curriculum staff, partners and other college colleagues.
What we can offer
Once settled into the role, you will have the opportunity to benefit from flexible working as the team work from home as well as being based onsite at the Adams building. In return, we will ask for flexibility in picking up additional tasks outside of our usual remit, in addition to working a limited number of evenings and weekends during our main enrolment period.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.