Senior Marketing Communications Officer
Full time or Part time hours available
Salary - £27,181 - £29,605
Band 4 - starting salary £27,181 with annual, incremental progression up to £29,605
Arts University Plymouth (AUP), the newest specialist arts university in the UK, is looking to appoint a Senior Marketing Communications Officer to join our Student Recruitment team. In this role you will join a creative, integral and impactful team within AUP - the role will be responsible for delivering an engaging and innovative communication plan for all levels of study at AUP, utilising our CRM system. Experience of working with at least one CRM system or the ability to demonstrate a working knowledge of CRM processes is essential.
The role will line manage and support a Communications Officer to create content and organise and deliver timely, relevant and responsive email, post and text campaigns to support and enhance the student journey, as well as convert leads. Previous line management experience and an interest in contemporary arts or creative design would be advantageous.
In order to showcase our students, staff and events effectively, we anticipate that this role will be predominantly based on-campus with some homeworking possible each week. This role is currently offered on a part-time basis, with flexibility on the distribution of hours throughout the week.
- You will be detail oriented with strong planning, project management and copywriting skills, and have a high level of written and spoken English
- You will be experienced in using a CRM system, such as Hubspot or Salesforce, or a communications tool such as MailChimp or have experience learning new systems
- You will hold experience within a communications or marketing department promoting a business or organisation specifically through content marketing or email campaigns
About the role:
- Working with the Communications Officer, create, plan and deliver a calendar of engaging, targeted and creative communications via email, text, phone and post for specific target segments, ensuring they have a measurable, positive impact on student recruitment activity
- Segmenting communications to key audiences and monitoring conversion rates, analysing the efficacy and impact of communications to ensure an effective recruitment service
- Act as the key point of contact for the University’s CRM system, working across teams to manage all workflows and touchpoints and ensure all areas of the CRM system are used effectively, identifying opportunities for developments and improvements
In return you’ll get:
- 25 FTE days annual leave per annum, plus bank holidays and discretionary closure days
- Auto-enrolment to the generous Local Government Pension scheme
- Additional benefits such as a cycle to work scheme and discounted bus tickets
- Access to a growing suite of wellbeing support and activities, including our Employee Assistance Programme
Closing date: 27 September 2023 (9am)
Interviews will take place: Tuesday 10 October 2023
If you are interested in applying for this position, please use the apply link
The successful candidate will be willing to contribute to our international profile as an innovative, sustainable and broadly inclusive arts university.
If you are interested in the role and would like to find out more, please feel free to contact Sarah Allen, Head of Student Recruitment & Admissions, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arts University Plymouth has a strong commitment to the safeguarding & welfare of young people & vulnerable adults. A satisfactory DBS disclosure at Enhanced Level will be required from successful candidates as a condition of appointment.
We celebrate equality, diversity and difference, and welcome candidates from all communities.