Lecturer - Sport, Physical Activity and Health
We are seeking an enthusiastic and passionate Sport, Health and Physical Activity Coordinator. The successful candidate will have experience in delivering in further education, including sport specific competitions and extra-curricular activities during term time. The successful candidate will also oversee our already successful and newly launched academy of sports teams within AoC.
The successful candidate should:
- Hold appropriate teaching qualifications / substantial industrial experience (or working towards an appropriate teaching qualification for unqualified lecturers).
- Have experience of working with TASS and the AoC.
- Have relevant subject expertise which will assist with the further enhancement of the quality of taught programmes within the Department/Faculty
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver high quality teaching, learning and assessment as required by your Line Manager to the appropriate number of hours.
- Possess a relevant degree or equivalent professional qualification at level 3.
- Be flexible, enthusiastic and able to motivate students to realise their full potential.
This position is part time - 4 days per week - Mon, Tues, Weds, Thurs - 30 hours per week. Fixed term until 31st July 2024
Actual salary £22,810 - £29,744 per annum.
It is great to work for the DN Colleges Group, we offer an attractive salary plus many other benefits including DNCG Benefits (access to retail and leisure discounts), cycle to work scheme, flexible working, on-site nursery, health & fitness suite, generous annual leave, development opportunities and pension provisions.
The DN Colleges Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff and volunteers must therefore be willing to apply for DBS clearance at an Enhanced level.
We are recognised as a Disability Confident employer, Mindful Employer and also positively encourage applications from all ethnic backgrounds.
There’s always something happening at DN Colleges Group. Click on the link http://www.dncolleges.ac.uk/about-us/news/ to find the latest news from DN Colleges Group, Doncaster College and North Lindsey College or follow us via Facebook, Linked In Twitter.
If you are experiencing difficulties accessing or using the website, please contact Networx between 9.00am-5.30pm Monday to Friday on 01943 661105
Please note that most correspondence regarding vacancies will be sent via email, so please check your emails regularly for updates on your application. We would also advise to check your junk/spam folder as some emails may end up here depending on your mail provider settings.
North Lindsey College has been a key training provider in Scunthorpe for over 60 years, helping thousands of people throughout the years to go on to achieve their dreams.
We offer post-16 study programmes, apprenticeships, traineeships, part-time short courses and Higher Education programmes.
Across all of our provision we work closely with employers across every sector in this region and further afield, to help you gain the skills you need to progress into your chosen career.
For further information about the role including job description and application form please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.