Personal Achievement Tutor (Maternity Cover)
Our Performing Arts department have a great opportunity based at our Tresham College Kettering campus for a Personal Achievement Tutor.
As a Personal Achievement Tutor, you will play a pivotal role in the success of our students through:
- supporting students through delivering tutorial support and professional skills development to help them stay on-programme and to achieve their potential moving on to positive destinations such as higher education, apprenticeships or employment
- supporting students within allocated caseload in specific vocational/academic areas by providing weekly timetabled group and one-to-one support as well as delivering weekly group tutorial sessions in areas such as safeguarding, resilience, health and well-being, life skills, British Values, e-Safety, careers and employability, as well as preparation for further study including higher education
- providing pastoral support to students in allocated caseload to ensure attendance and punctuality, retention, attainment, achievement and progression targets, identifying ‘at risk’ students and provide appropriate intervention/support to raise standards and maintain high expectations
- contributing towards the reviewing, planning, preparation and delivery of agreed programmes of group and individual tutorials
- working with the Student Achievement & Wellbeing Manager, Course Manager, parents, teaching team and relevant external agencies to ensure maximum student progression
Our ideal candidates will have experience of working in a further education or related setting in a student support role, alongside the following qualifications:
- Good standard of General Education
Successful candidates must also be able to demonstrate alignment to our organisational values:
- Student centred - At our heart is always doing what is best for our students. We consider students in all of our decision making to create positive outcomes and memorable experiences for every student.
- Educational excellence - We promote educational excellence by delivering programmes that challenge our students to achieve their ambitions.
- Teamwork - We are one team who by working together can achieve great things, respecting the opinion and valuing the contribution each of us makes.
- Continuous improvement - We challenge ourselves to always do better by trying new things, sharing knowledge, reflecting on best practice and learning from others.
- Caring - We care about the wellbeing of our staff, our students, our community and wider society, creating an environment built on trust where we listen, engage and support each other.
- Inclusive - We celebrate differences and diversity, recognising that we can learn from each other.
Further details of the safeguarding requirements and essential criteria for the post can found within the Job Description.
The Bedford College Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to thorough vetting process which includes, an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory references.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the Exceptions Order 1975, provides information about which convictions must be declared during job applications and related exceptions and further information about filtering offences can be found in the DBS filtering guide. The Bedford College Group's policy on Employment of Ex-Offenders is attached to this vacancy.
Candidates who are barred from working with children are reminded it is a criminal offence to apply for this post.
The Bedford College Group aims to deliver world-class skills and education to the communities we serve across Bedfordshire and Northamptonshire.
Contract Type – Bedford College Professional Services
- 18.5 hours per week (0.44848 FTE) / 40 weeks per year
- Peoples Pension
- Free on-site parking
- Retail and leisure discounts
Interviews will be held on a 4th October 23
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.