Lecturer in Computing
3 days left
- Full Time
Hours of work: 37 hours per week
£26,929 – £28,551 per annum (Unqualified)
£31,191 – £35,098 per annum (Qualified)
Location: Wakefield City Campus
Join our exciting team of Computing Lecturers and help shape the future of digital technology!
We are looking for a Lecturer in Computing with a specialism in Higher Education to join our Computing and Digital Industries department. In this exciting role, you will have the opportunity to pass on your knowledge and experience to the next generation of computing professionals.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you will teach across our Higher Education provision while also contributing to our Further Education courses in the Computing provision while also contributing to the development and organisation of the curriculum. You will contribute to the provision of an excellent student experience on those Further and Higher Education courses including retention of the students and achievement of their qualifications.
You will also develop, plan, prepare, evaluate, quality assure and improve a range of high-quality courses to full and part time students.
We are looking for an enthusiastic professional with high standards who will be fully committed to ensuring our students achieve their full potential. The post holder must be capable of working as a member of a team with a flexible and adaptable approach to work.
As a Lecturer in Computing, you should:
- Hold a degree in Computing / IT (or other related discipline)
- Ideally have experience of working in a Higher Education environment, specifically in a teaching capacity
- Be able to work and teach with 16–18-year-olds, across a variety of computing subjects
- Ideally have experience of teaching Computing / IT or similar FE / HE qualifications
The ideal candidate will have strong skills in some or all of the following areas:
- Advanced programming: Experience with a variety of programming languages and frameworks, such as Python, Java, or C++.
- Cyber security and forensics: Knowledge of security threats and how to protect systems from attack.
- Emerging technologies: Interest in and knowledge of new technologies, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, and big data analytics.
- Database and back-end development: Experience with database design and development, as well as back-end programming.
- Software engineering: Strong understanding of software development principles and practices.
- AI & Machine Learning: Experience with artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques.
- Distributed systems: Experience with distributed systems and how to build scalable and reliable applications.
- Software Development for Mobile Apps: Experience with developing mobile apps.
- Big Data Analytics: Experience with big data analytics techniques.
Not yet qualified but interested in getting into teaching?
If you have not previously worked within the Education sector but have considered a career move, you may be suitable for the Department of Education - Taking Teaching Further initiative, which employs industry specialists direct into Further Education. You will receive an enhanced support package whilst you gain a Teaching Qualification. This opportunity can be discussed at the interview stage.
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification.
See what we have to offer and come and join us…You won’t be disappointed
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement (37 days pro rata for part time + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction and teacher development programme.
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee Assistance Programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 25th September 2023
Interview date: To be confirmed
Direct applicants only, no agency CV’s or referrals.
The Heart of Yorkshire Education Group is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.