Course Leader - Motor Vehicle (LUM445/165)
7 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
We will be reviewing and interviewing candidates as and when we receive applications, therefore please apply as soon as possible as this vacancy may close before the end date advertised.
The School of Engineering gears up the next generation of engineers, with passionate experts developing students’ practical skills. We focus on covering multiple aspects of each specialism, health and safety knowledge, as well as engineering principles, giving our students an advantage over competitors.
Our engineering department facilities are second-to-none. These include motor vehicle mechanics, body & panel paint repair, electrical installation, mechanical engineering, electronic engineering, and fabrication and welding.
The learners study between level 1 and 3. You will oversee a group of learners, ensuring that they are supported throughout the year to achieve the best they can.
If you do not have a teaching qualification but have a relevant industry related qualification and work experience in the area, we are still interested in your application as we can help you gain a teaching qualification (funded with no cost to yourself).
What You Will Do
- Monitor performance, ensure quality standards are kept and improved, work with our stakeholders to maintain the links with industry for placements.
- Support development of relevant curriculum to ensure students are ready for the engineering opportunities ahead.
- We are looking for an individual who has knowledge of mechanics and is confident working in a motor vehicle workshop
- supporting the learning of students aged mainly 16-18.
- An understanding of the awarding bodies IMI and City & Guilds would be an advantage
- You will be a team player, confident and enthusiastic.
- Have a passion to support this generation into their career choices.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Leeds City College is one of the largest further education institutions in the country and is one of the biggest providers of apprenticeships regionally.
We provide a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. Leeds City College’s values put students first and are at the heart of everything the college does.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. We offer a wide range of job vacancies, and our large size means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.