Programme Manager - 16-18 Vocational Science (LUM351/370)
1 day left
- Full Time
About the Role
Leeds Sixth Form are recruiting for a Programme Manager - Vocational Science to join our team.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to support the management team. Candidates will need to be able to teach BTEC and T Level science or have experience of vocational science qualifications. We can offer you: The opportunity to teach your subject specialism at Level 3 to our fantastic learners who are; bright, curious, motivated and engaging young people; A focus on staff wellbeing and professional development; A supportive and inclusive learning environment in the heart of the thriving Leeds city centre.
Applied Science within Leeds Sixth Form College has a vision to pioneer STEM provision across the West Yorkshire region and as such offers a wide provision of courses, including BTEC and Access courses and the new T Level course. We are a large team of both specialist academic teachers and pastoral support staff to ensure that each of our students is provided with an exceptional experience with outcomes to match.
We are looking for a highly motivated Programme Manager, who will drive our strategic ambitions, growth and quality in our BTEC provision. You will have the responsibility to lead and manage a small team of teachers across a range of programmes for our 16-18 learner provision.
What You Will Do
- Lead activities to ensure effective planning, preparation & development of schemes of work, lesson plans, teaching & learning resources including the development of on-line learning resources for identified courses is being undertaken
- Ensure effective delivery of sessions across the curriculum using a wide range of teaching methods, for identified courses. Lead and manage the development & employment of assessment activities for identified courses
- Lead and manage the assessment of student work, feedback to help learners improve & record learner’s progress for identified courses. Lead and manage the creation of targets, recording & monitoring of progress against them
- Lead and manage quality assurance processes
- Be responsible for the retention, achievement, success & attendance for identified courses
- Build positive relationships with learners & provide support to ensure successful outcomes
- Programme Managers are required to teach as part of the role
- Hold a L5 Teaching Qualification (e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE)
- Relevant highest level vocational qualification or degree in teaching science as a subject
- Relevant up to date subject knowledge and recent delivery in the Further Education or school sector. Extensive experience, knowledge and skills to enable delivery of a range of levels across the curriculum, which demonstrates active learning and differentiated teaching styles
- Experience of positively managing student and group progression, advice and guidance in a school or Further Education setting
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
By joining Leeds Sixth Form College you join a community dedicated to improving the lives of young people through education. Whether you’re inspiring the next generation with your enthusiastic teaching or supporting the work of those who do, you know you will be making a positive impact every day.
Choosing to work for Leeds Sixth Form College means that you will be part of a vibrant and diverse learning environment, delivering excellent and innovative education which is supportive, inspiring and life changing. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to Leeds Sixth Form College.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.