Senior Chef Manager (LUM616/629)
About the Role
To manage the two student canteens at Printworks campus which form part of the Luminate Education Group. The role will require providing a range of freshly produced nutritious meals that our students and staff will enjoy, whilst providing an outstanding level of service.
This hands-on role will require someone to effectively manage a team of food service assistants working across two cafes. The post holder will require a keen eye for detail and driving standards especially in relation to the implementation of food safety standards and food profit & loss.
This role is also available on a 38 week term time only contract.
What You Will Do
- Cook and prepare meals and snacks for the café, ensuring menus are innovative and nutritious, current and meet the needs of our customers.
- Control the budget for the purchasing and ordering of food, achieving GP margins and control other costs associated with the business.
- Motivate and train the team of Food service assistants to ensure they provide a high-quality service for our customers & students.
- Accurately record purchasing invoices and manage stock to achieve the budgeted GP.
- Support other chef managers and staff within the department working at different sites.
- Responsible for the catering team and manage any staffing issues effectively
- Ensure all due diligence, HACCP and allergen legislation & food safety training is adhered to at all times
- Level 2 Food safety certificate.
- Relevant experience, knowledge and understanding of cooking in the catering & hospitality sector.
- Experience of managing a team and supporting them with training and development opportunities.
- Ability to follow Food Hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records.
- Able to effectively and positively deal with customers and increase sales through effective retailing.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.