Director of Adult & Work Based Training
Based at the St Albans Campus with regular time at Borehamwood, WGC & Offsite locations
Adult learning growth is at the centre of the Oaklands Strategic Plan. As we enter a transformational period in the Oaklands history we are looking for an inspirational and highly collaborative leader to motivate, manage and support the development of a range of high-performing teams - including employability, adult learning, professional training, work-based learning, and apprenticeships.
We are looking for someone who can deliver at pace, whilst ensuring the needs of our communities, stakeholders and employers remain central to our work and development plans.
We are seeking someone who can translate the College's ambitions for adult and work-based learning into reality.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work across a wide range of stakeholders to implement cross-cutting ambitious initiatives across Hertfordshire as an Oaklands College Senior Management Team member.
• Prioritises own and team responsibilities effectively.
• can work collaboratively at all levels.
• is a forward, positive thinker and able to identify ways/methods in which outcomes can be enhanced, across curriculum aspects
• maximises own contribution and that of others
• Can flex leadership style appropriately to differing situations and people
• Creates effective working relationships
• Has a good knowledge of subjects within relevant curriculum area/s
• Takes a solution-focused approach
• Applies successful risk management strategies
• Has a progressive CPD record
• Possesses financial acumen, managing all budgets and resources effectively
• experience in new business generation
• experience in developing programmes that meet local skills needs
• Embraces ICT and capitalises on efficiency gains from using technology
WHAT WE OFFER:
• Automatic entry into the Local government pension scheme
• Generous Annual Leave -35 days pro rata plus 8 days bank holiday pro rata
• Excellent CPD Opportunities to grow and develop through mentorship and coaching.
• Free Onsite Parking
• Subsided onsite restaurant.
• A cycle scheme and discounted gym membership
Oaklands College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. Employment is subject to an enhanced DBS check and satisfactory safeguarding checks.
Please note, we are unable to accept CVs as form of an application, when applying for a position please ensure you complete all the required fields on the application form attached and email to firstname.lastname@example.org