Exam Access Arrangements Assessor (Variable Hours)
6 days left
- Part Time
The role is to support learners who have additional learning support needs; including those with a diagnosed SEND need and EHCP’s.
The post holder will work within the Additional Learning Support Team and report directly to the Additional Learning Support (ALS) Team Leader. The post holder will work collaboratively with learners, their families, schools, colleagues and external agencies to assess and be responsible for carrying out specialist exam access arrangements to ensure learners who require it, have the appropriate concessions during any examinations taken during their programme of study.
You will have the following skills and experience;
- A sound knowledge of SEND and an understanding of related issues.
- Be able to display good communication skills, both written and verbal, empathy and flexibility to meet the needs of a variety of learners.
- Be aware of the SEND Code of Practice and the duties on mainstream FE providers, along with a strong understanding of the JCQ exam regulations in relation to exam access arrangements.
- Able to work collaboratively with the wider Learner Support Team members, as well as the exams team, curriculum and support staff, and other internal and external professionals as appropriate.
- Have qualifications in English and Maths at Level 2 (GCSE or equivalent) a specialist SEND qualification.
- A Certificate in Psychometric Testing, Assessment and Access Arrangements (CPT3A, or equivalent to ensure you are able to meet the JCQ requirements).
- A postgraduate course in individual specialist assessment at or equivalent to Level 7.
- Be able to work with respect, sensitivity and confidentiality.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 20 September 2023 at 12:00am.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.