HE Sport Programme Manager (LUM405/665)
2 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
The Higher Education Sports Department at UCLeeds delivers a range of foundation degrees, top-up degrees, Higher Technical Qualifications and higher-level apprenticeships in Physical Education and Sports Coaching, Sports Performance and Exercise, and Schools Sports Coach.
We are looking for a highly motivated, committed Sports Programme Manager who has recent experience in delivering and managing successful Sports programmes in an educational setting.
What You Will Do
- Teaching on the sports programme(s)
- Line management of staff, setting targets and managing performance
- Collaborate with the Deputy Head of Department to liaise with external stakeholders, to raise awareness and interest in the UCLeeds offer.
- Establish and manage potential apprenticeship and Higher Technical Qualification provision and the processes of compliance around these.
- Maintain a commitment to research and scholarly activity in line with the expectations of the University Centre.
- Be adaptable and responsive to challenges with positive solutions.
- Collaborate with other Programme Managers across the University Centre to utilise resources to ensure a high-quality offer.
- Experience of managing a fast-paced curriculum in an educational setting.
- A qualified teacher with a postgraduate qualification in a related field with
- Be able to manage an expanding and responsive Sports Curriculum in a range of settings that engage learners (both online and face to face).
- Have a passion and ability to inspire a growing course team, set developmental targets, and manage their performance
- Have an excellent understanding of the sports industry and implement curriculum changes in line with current developments
- Experience of working with stakeholders and being influential in establishing effective partnerships.
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
At University Centre Leeds, we provide a supportive higher education environment designed to promote and enhance independent learning. We have access to industry standard equipment unique to many of our subject areas. These range from our makeup studios to practical science labs.
We are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our staff. You’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow. Choosing to work for University Centre Leeds means that you will be part of an inclusive and progressive learning environment. We hope that we will be part of the next step in your career and look forward to welcoming you to University Centre Leeds.
We are proud to be the highest rated for student satisfaction in Leeds for the third year running (National Student Survey 2022).
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.