Director of IT Infrastructure
This is an exciting opportunity for an innovative, collaborative Director to shape our future technology vision and deliver continued excellence in the provision of Information Technology for students and staff. The Director of IT will take a hands-on role in shaping customer focused and innovative ICT provision to our student and staff community.
As the Senior Member of Staff for IT, the Director of IT will help to drive this programme of change, working alongside the Chief Operating Officer to whom the role reports and in close collaboration with the rest of the Senior Management Group.
The Director of IT is responsible for the strategic leadership and management of the organisation's IT infrastructure, technology development, cybersecurity, support, and IT services management.
The successful candidate will oversee the design and implementation of information systems and infrastructure that align with the organisation's business objectives, ensure the day-to-day operational aspects of the ICT service are efficient and ensure the delivery of high-quality IT services and support to end-users.
The successful candidate will also lead the development of the overall strategy for IT, Infrastructure and Cyber security and ensure that appropriate project governance arrangements are in place.
· Operate as the strategic leader for all aspects of Digital and Cyber technology. Provide empowering functional leadership encouraging clarity of responsibility, customer orientated thinking and a delivery first mindset. Create a digital team that is both easy to engage with and that has a reputation for consistent outstanding delivery.
· Deliver the underpinning digital infrastructure to enable business change programmes and contribute to the achievement of the College’s strategic objectives. The new Director will deliver a marked enhancement and modernisation of the IT systems stack leading to enhanced performance and quality of digital customer-experience.
· Act as a senior leader across the College. Be the trusted partner to the curriculum and central services community. Engage, listen and build positive peer-to-peer relationships with key stakeholders.
· A collaborative and tenacious senior IT/Digital professional with a demonstrable depth of senior engagement. You will have the ability to understand the needs of a diverse organisation and to shape a sector leading digital service to meet them.
· An impactful leader; politically attuned with both the gravitas and attitude to proactively build relationships with a wide-range of challenging senior stakeholders.
· An outstanding and enthusing communicator with proven ability to inspire digital teams. You will have a demonstrable track record of building high-performing teams, encouraging clarity of role and responsibilities.
For further information and details please contact Barrie Shipley, Chief Operating Officer for Finance & Infrastructure on: 01724 281111
At DN Colleges Group, we are working towards a common goal: to transform our communities through learning. This vision reflects our belief in our students and in our ability to transform their lives so positively. Our students are at the heart of everything we do.
Our educational hub spans Scunthorpe to Doncaster and beyond. We combine distinct, high quality teaching and learning with local, regional and global reach. We connect our students and staff with partners and employers across the east/west corridor from Sheffield City Region to the Humber and Lincolnshire, across the UK and internationally
This vision is supported by a set of values that underpin how we operate every day across our organisation. Across every team and department, we follow core values that guide our decision making, our interactions and our approach to challenges and opportunities.
These values are a fundamental part of DN Colleges Group, as we aspire to deliver outstanding and inspirational teaching and learning for our students every day.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.