Apprentice Level 2 Hospitality Team Member (LUM616/216)
7 days left
- Full Time
About the Role
Under 18 - £10,495
18-20 - £14,758
21-22 - £19,948
23+ - £20,391
Working primarily in our award winning Printworks Kitchen & Bar restaurant you will be working alongside a team of highly skilled and industry passionate individuals. Here you will learn, grown and develop your skills whilst gaining an industry qualification. This front of house, customer facing role will involve lots of people interaction, whilst providing lots of opportunity to develop key technical skills. The role will also include the opportunity to work in our expanding meeting & events business where you will learn how to plan, organise and look after our meeting and event customers.
What You Will Do
- To support the professional delivery of the food and beverage service, to all customers.
- Serve customers professionally and politely
- Set up meeting & events spaces and serve the customers and guests who use them
- Take payments from customers and operate a till
- To maintain all areas including front of House, bar and wash up areas to a high standard
- Ensure a safe working environment to meet Health and Safety policies
- Ensure a hygienic working environment to meet all Food Hygiene requirements
- Able to work occasional evening and weekend to support on functions and events
- Mentor and work with Catering Students
- A passion for working within the Hospitality Sector
- A willingness to learn, develop and continue to up-skill
- Experience of working positively with young people and adults
- Experience or willingness to operating a Barista Coffee Machine
- Ability to follow food hygiene systems and monitor due diligence records
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.