Graphic Design Tutor
Graphic Design Tutor - £31 per hour from October 2023
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Graphics Design tutor, to teach on our 2 x Level 2 UAL Diploma in Graphic Design courses from Tuesday 31st Ocotber, https://www.waes.ac.uk/course/level-2-ual-diploma-in-art-and-design-graphic-design-gd0091ps2324
You need to inspire and provide a transformative education to our adult learners (19+) from in and around London. You will be responsible for providing teaching, learning and assessments on our graphic design provision, and monitoring learner’s performance with opportunities to support them.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of the program, providing support and guidance to the learners, ensuring they are challenged, inspired, complete their work in a timely manner, and excel in achievement.
Creative Industries at WAES is a very dynamic and growing department over three sites in Westminster, predominantly teaching accredited courses at levels 1,2 and 3, and full cost short courses.
- Designing resources for and delivering to our adult learners, in line with curriculum and qualification requirements ensuring our learners are inspired, challenged and achieve,
- Supporting the graphic design curriculum where required for example, course advise and guidance for prospective learners, open days, end of year show.
- Summative and formative assessments as part of the learners' journey
- Tracking learners progress through timely and accurate reporting
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders and fellow creative arts staff,
- Ensuring an ‘outstanding’ teaching and learning experience including Individual Learning Plans and quality assurance implementation and feedback.
- Relevant experience and industry knowledge of current graphic design practice
- Experience of teaching adults on accredited courses.
- Proven ability to work with diverse groups of learners across mixed abilities to ensure their successful progression and achievement
- You must have a qualification in the subject area at Level 4 or above
- Ideally you should have a teaching qualification at Level 3 or above or be willing to do one in your first year of employment.
- You must be free on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 09.30 – 16.30 from 31st October 2023
- Commitment to outstanding teaching and the learner experience
- Commitment to your own professional development
What we offer:
At Westminster City Council, we pride ourselves on being an inclusive workplace and employer of choice. We encourage and welcome applications from people from all backgrounds and aim to have a workforce that, at all levels, represents the communities we serve. We champion equality, diversity, inclusion and wellbeing and aim to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, has a sense of belonging and is empowered to be their best, that is the Westminster Way. To find out more about how we do this visit https://www.westminster.gov.uk/health-and-social-care/public-health-strategy-policies-and-reports/equality-duties [westminster.gov.uk]
As a forward-thinking Council, we appreciate that people work in different ways, therefore some of our staff depending on their role at WAES can benefit from working a range of flexible working patterns as well as Agile working.
The Council is a Disability Confident Employer. If you have declared a disability in your application , we guarantee an interview if you meet the essential criteria of the job. If you are invited for interview, you will be asked if you need any reasonable adjustments in order to attend, and we will make these wherever possible.
The Service offers a competitive salary and employment benefits including a public sector pension scheme, generous holiday allowance and opportunities for Continuous Professional Development.
Please quote ED/WAES/2127 in all correspondence for this role.
To apply please download the Job Description and then complete the Application Form and EO Monitoring Form at the top of the page.
Please ensure you address all the role and person criteria when completing your supporting statement.
When you have completed your application, please email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date to apply for this post is 9am Monday 2 October 2023 and Interviews will be held on Monday 9 October 2023.