6 days left
- Full Time
We are looking for a Technician to join our construction team working 37.5 hours per over 38 working weeks per annum.
We would be particularly interested in a candidate with a plumbing background.
Your duties will include;
- To maintain and prepare day to day support of the construction area and associated facilities.
- To assist in the preparation of construction workshops for practical teaching lessons.
- To support students undertaking practical activity under the direction of a member of teaching staff.
- To ensure the Construction Workshops are kept clean in line with College standards.
You will have the following skills, qualifications and experience;
- Minimum of grade C in GCSE Maths and English Language (or equivalent)
- Experience of working within a similar role (construction)
- Excellent communication skills – ability to communicate to all levels
- Ability to build rapport with students and mutual respect
- Willingness to operate flexibly and the ability to undertake extra hours if required.
There are too many benefits to working at Moulton College to include them all. Aside from the location (Moulton is located in the heart of the Northamptonshire countryside covering over 450 hectares, with a further 170 hectares rented as grazing for our livestock), Moulton College boasts a dedicated, skilled and experienced staff team and an aspirational student body. As a valued employee at Moulton College you will have access to:
- 33 days annual leave, including 8 bank holidays (pro rata for part-time)
- A maximum of 5 College closure days (pro rata for part-time)
- High Street Discounts scheme with access to discounts at a host of retailers
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme with an employer contribution of 23.8 %)
- Commitment to Continuing Professional Development of Moulton College employees
- Access to 24/7 Support Line for employees and close family household members
- A focused and committed Wellbeing group at the forefront of positive initiatives
- Healthcare cash plan (subject to conditions)
- On site gym
- Discounted nursery fees
- Free onsite parking
- Cycle to work scheme (subject to conditions)
- Eye care vouchers
- Online Payslips
We help new employees settle in through central College induction events and local induction activities. We also provide a range of essential information through our online learning packages. These cover various topics including Equality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety at Work, to name a few.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.