School Liaison Officer (LUM596/419)
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a successful and established team within the Luminate Education Group. The School Liaison team work with primary and secondary schools to promote the Luminate offer, engaging and inspiring students in all age groups about decisions for their future. We are a friendly and supportive team who love making a difference to young people’s lives in the local community.
There are great benefits to this role including a substantial holiday allowance, as well as bank holidays, time off at Christmas and a generous pension. There are also flexible working options, including working from home days and time off in lieu.
We encourage Continuous Professional Development and progression opportunities within the department. You will also have the opportunity to partake in staff wellbeing days and the chance to collaborate with college wide projects, such as wellbeing, Equality, Diversity & Inclusion and Eco initiatives.
What You Will Do
- Work with school students (primary and secondary) at school and college events, to promote the college offer. These will include assemblies, careers fairs, parents evening and college open events
- Attend events both face to face and virtually.
- Liaise regularly with school staff to advise them of the college offer and support them with post 16 option events
- Provide schools with application data, and support schools with student application and general college queries
- Working closely with the School Liaison Project Executives to support recruitment event
- Help to continue to grow the reputation of the colleges and offer an outstanding customer experience
- Meet recruitment targets and use reports and data to understand group priorities.
- Work closely within the 50 plus strong Student Recruitment and Customer Experience department, as well as alongside wider teams within the college, including the Marketing department and curriculum.
- The role includes travel across the North and West Yorkshire region, evening working and occasional weekends. Access to a car is essential due to travelling commitments.
- Good general education, with youth work/careers/teaching experience and willingness to work towards Level 3 IAG qualification
- Experience of working with students, particularly ages 13-17
- Experience of delivering creative and engaging activities or events to support student engagement
- Experience of working with schools, parents and external support agencies
- Knowledge of curriculum areas and Leeds Enterprise Partnership (LEP) priorities
- Good standard of computer literacy, including Microsoft Office applications and google applications
- Knowledge of barriers to learning and ways to overcome them, particularly with disaffected young people
- Good organisational and administrative skills and able to work positively & effectively as a member of a team and on own initiative
- Committed to child protection and the promotion of a safe environment for children and young people to learn in
There are plenty of benefits available to our staff members, here are just a few:
- Annual leave entitlement - If you work full time, you'll get at least 27 days holiday plus bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary closure days at Christmas (pro rata for part time staff).
- Support Staff 27 days (increasing to 32 days after 5 years service)
- Academic 37 days
- Senior Management 37 days
- Generous Pension schemes
- Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Memberships and discounts - employees can sign up to various membership cards and discount schemes such as TOTUM card (formerly NUS card).
- Travel and commuting - discounted travel available through Metro card, Northern Rail, First Bus, Arriva Bus and Cycle to work schemes.
- Learning and development opportunities - including staff development days
- Employee wellbeing initiatives
- Flexible and hybrid working opportunities - this will vary depending on role requirements
Luminate Education Group is a collective of education providers based in Yorkshire with one clear purpose: to make a positive difference to people’s lives through genuinely transformative education and training.
We offer a wide range of job vacancies across our business support functions - Finance, Human Resources, ITSS, Marketing, Communications, Executive Support, Estates and Food Services. Our large size and diverse range of member organisations means there are always exciting opportunities to progress.
As an education provider, we are committed to lifelong learning and investing in our workforce, and you’ll have access to a broad variety of training and professional development designed to help you continually develop and grow.
Join us on the journey to being the best that we can collectively be for our students, apprentices, staff and our stakeholders.
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC), University Centre Leeds, Leeds Sixth Form College and Yorkshire Centre for Training & Development.
At Luminate Education Group we are committed to the safeguarding and welfare of all our students including children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We follow the Safer Recruitment requirements and best practice as set out within Keeping Children Safe in Education statutory guidance. All successful applicants will be required to complete mandatory pre-employment checks which include an enhanced DBS check, online checks and must have two satisfactory references. Please be aware that it is a criminal offence to apply for this post if you are barred from engaging in regulated activity in connection to children.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We recognise, value and champion diversity & Inclusion. As we engage with a diverse student population we want to ensure we reflect that in our staff population too. For us diversity is about building happy teams, full of people that want to learn and be inspired by each other, by our different experiences and backgrounds. It is important to us that both staff and students achieve their full potential. Diversity is important to us, but inclusion is equally, if not more important. It’s not just about having the representation but also providing the people we recruit with opportunities and valuing everyone’s contributions and perspectives.
For further information about the role please visit the vacancies section of our website via the apply link.